Our Environmental Policy
JBS Australia, as a responsible corporate citizen, is committed to integrating environmental considerations intoits business decisions.
To sustain and protect the environment the Company will:-
- Manage the Company’s activities in a manner that facilitates the ongoing minimisation of environmental harm.
- Comply with or exceed the requirements of all applicable environmental laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Develop internal standards and procedures to ensure environmentally responsible practices.
- Consult with the appropriate authorities and technical organisations to develop the Company’s internal environmental standards, procedures and practices.
- Conduct regular environmental audits at all our sites.
- Control and continuously improve our manufacturing processes to minimise any impact on the environment and to become increasingly more efficient in the use of water and energy resources.
- Develop processes to enable the Company to anticipate and address environmental issues and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to properly safeguard the environment in the most prudent and economical manner.
- Provide relevant employees and external stakeholders with the information and/or training necessary to perform their work in accordance with this policy.
- Embrace the concept of sustainable development and strive for best practice environmental management to achieve an ongoing minimisation of environmental harm through cost-effective measures assessed against the measures currently used nationally and internationally.
Click here to download PDF file (259k) of the Environmental Policy.