Our Food Safety and Quality Assurance Policy
JBS Australia Pty Limited and JBS Australia (Southern) Pty Limited (the Company) is committed to meeting all legal and licensing requirements in relation to food safety and quality assurance.
This commitment is achieved by:-
- Implementing food safety and quality assurance controls throughout all stages of the supply chain.
- Ensuring the food safety program meets all requirements of the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS).
- Maintaining very strict hygiene requirements to ensure that all products prepared for human consumption are wholesome.
- Requiring employees at all times to comply with all hygiene specific training, instructions and directions.
- Ensuring the quality assurance program meets the requirements of AUS-MEAT.
- Maintaining very strict quality assurance standards that are essential to customer requirements.
- Ensuring that our product through the role of designated Quality Assurance Officers at all sites complies with customer specifications prior to sale and distribution.
- Requiring employees at all times to comply with all product specific training, instructions and directions and assist Quality Assurance Officers in the performance of their duties.
Click here to download PDF file (243k) of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Policy
JBS Farm Assurance Program.
Changing market requirements worldwide are now reflecting different customer demands.
Consumers are placing more emphasis on food products that are fresh, wholesome, and safe and have been produced under acceptable animal welfare practices.
JBS Australia has adopted an on farm QA program that will allow our customers to have trust in the product we produce in regards to Food Safety, Quality, Animal Welfare and Traceability.
JBS Australia Farm Assurance program is committed to these attributes and the company's suppliers have realised a frontline role in the food safety chain.
The JBS Farm Assurance Programme was implemented in 2011 providing assurance to JBS Australia and its customers that its suppliers consistently meet required food safety and animal welfare standards in their farming practices for this market.
The JBS Farm Assurance Programme is JAS-ANZ/ISO65 accredited and is established as an integral part of the farm management practices supplying this program.
The basis of the program revolves around making sure that the supply chain from producer to processor meets expected standards for Food Safety, Animal Welfare, Quality assurance and traceability. A majority of the processes contained within the program focuses on documentation, management recording systems and provides the information required to complete animal status declarations to accompany livestock sent for processing.
The programme focuses on animal welfare, food safety and An independent verification audit is undertaken to confirm the integrity of the JBS Australia Farm Assurance Programme.
Enquiries re JBS Australia Farm Assurance program to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org